Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Twitter Widget: How to Resize It to Fit Your Sidebar

Hello, Everyone. By now you know that Twitter is an extraordinary tool for business/entrepreneurs, particularly if you:
  • include a functioning URL for your website/blogsite
  • Tweet about your latest blog posts, your events, your other social sites, & such which directs traffic to your sites.
  • use the Twitter widget on your site to display those 'tweets' so that people that visit your site can click on the links to your other sites and visit. It's another tool!

As I visit my Twitter Followers' sites, I've noticed that many have their Twitter widgets sized too wide to display properly within the boundaries of their sidebars. That can be solved by resizing the widget, appropriately. Below, I've included several examples of actual Twitter widgets that I've resized. I've highlighted the numerical values in green.

To resize your Twitter (Facebook) widget (Note: I'm using the same widget on this Blogspot/ Blogger blog in a different color) look for the two, width and height values and increase or reduce the value to fit your space. The code values to look for appear twice in the widget's code; two for height and two for width.

Examples of the resized widget are below. By increasing or decreasing the width="___" and height="___" values, I'm able to resize the widget after pasting the code into my blog.



width="290" height="350"








width="200" height="260"










width="400" height="460"










width="200" height="400"











width="150" height="150"








Achievers on Twitter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...